Vision & Values
Jesus’ Great Commandment (Matthew 23.34 – 40) and his Great Commission (Matthew 28.16 – 20) are vital to our life as church together, especially as we endeavour to care for the people in our parish and beyond.
Jesus calls us to love God and others, and to make disciples. We do this as best as we can in response to the love that Jesus has for us, by meeting for worship, prayer, and studying the Bible so that we might encourage and deepen our own faith in God as well as that of others. We are keen and active in supporting others in practical ways as we live our daily lives of faith, in order that they might encounter the love of God in action, and His saving grace.
Our Church Council spent time together to consider our mission and ministry for the future. As we reviewed our life together we recognised the following as very important for us:
- encouraging others by sharing information well
- developing our missionary support both practically and financially
- encouraging our growing Messy Church Congregation and our connections with local schools
- developing our ministry to the elderly in our parish
- encouraging our local community in the ways they really need not the ways we think they might need
- developing our worshipping life together
As we continue to engage with these opportunities we will listen to each other, to the local community, and most especially to God, as we seek to serve Him in all that we are and can be.